Chief Okey Wali, SAN, a former president of the NBA who was kidnapped about two weeks ago, has finally regained his freedom, according to the Chairman of the association in Port Harcourt, Mr Victor Benebo.
It is not exactly clear when he was left off the hook by his abductors, but Benebo said on Monday that he had spoken with his family members who confirmed that he was released quietly and that he was having some rest.
Last week, Wali’s kinsmen stormed the streets of Port Harcourt in protest against his continued hostage. They said it was worrisome that the senior lawyer had to spend weeks in the den of his abductors while the police were not seen to be doing much to secure his release.
Penultimate week’s kidnap was the second that Wali would experience. The state police command is, however, yet to speak on his release.