Rivers 2023: 15 Blueprints Of Sir Siminalayi Fubara On Education
Dez Mayorz News
Credit: Ibim Semenitari
The Rivers State PDP gubernatorial candidate, Sir Siminalayi Fubara has made his developmental plans for Rivers State known to the Rivers people which is enshrined in his 37 paged manifesto.
Educational sector is fully touched which channels Universal access to quality education as a fundamental to building the prosperous Rivers State of dreams.
Sir Siminalayi Fubara said;
Governor Wike has tremendously improved the quality of education with first-class educational infrastructure across the state. With Governor Wike, Rivers State can boast of some of the best secondary schools in the country.
Still, there is more to be done to consolidate the improvements in the delivery of public education under the New Rivers Vision.
Our commitment as we advance is to infuse technology into the State’s public education and ensure that it delivers better outcomes for
our children in an increasingly competitive world. Therefore, we shall:
• Consolidate and continue with the current investments in the education sector and ensure that it delivers the quality that guarantees our students appropriate skills for success in their chosen endeavours;
• Continue to improve budgetary provisions for the public education sector to meet the funding requirements for access, quality, equity and infrastructure maintenance and upgrade;
• Ensure public schools record excellent performance and outcomes in public examinations, including WAEC, NECO and JAMB;
• Ensure that every child has access to basic education across the state by tackling the out-of-school and drop-out syndrome in our communities;
• Prioritize the teaching and study of English Language and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) subjects in the school system;
• Recruit, train and deploy adequate teachers to all schools in the state to improve the teacher/pupil ratio in line with UNESCO recommendations;
• Introduce the use of technology and digital facilities to improve teaching in public schools and prepare our children to fit into the global digital economy;
• Provide funding for all state-owned tertiary institutions to produce quality graduates with appropriate skills that meet the development needs of the 21st century;
• Continue to support and sustain the ongoing scholarship obligations of the State government;
• Incentivise the welfare of teachers to enhance productivity and quality in rural communities;
• Sustain the prevailing educational stability by prioritizing the welfare of staff in tertiary institutions.
• Launch the Rivers State Research and Development Fund to support innovative research and development efforts in all our tertiary institutions in partnership with the private sector and international development partners;
• Focus on entrepreneurship, vocational and technical education (E-VoTE) to empower the teeming population of youths with tangible skills and vocational training for job creation and self-employment;
• Establish the Rivers State Technical and Vocational Education Board to drive the advancement of technical and vocational education and training in the State; and
• Establish regional technical colleges for tailored training and acquisition of applied skills by youths for self-employment and job creation.
Dez Mayorz Reports.